Please feel free to take part in our discussion– this forum serves as a guestbook for everyone, not just members. Offensive, spam, and inflammatory posts may be deleted.

If your comment does not show up right away, do not worry, it was probably temporarily marked as spam for some reason. However, your comment will be manually approved and later posted once an administrator has reviewed it.

Click here to leave a reply.

5,695 comments

1. I hope all my brothers have a happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your families and all the things that we can be thankful for.

2. Hi guys. I am in a therapy group at the VA in which we read and discuss different books. We are now reading ” Dereliction of Duty” by H.R. McMaster. It deals with the lies by McNamara, Johnson, and the rest of them ! It is an eye opener , and a warning; it will piss you off ! Tooch

3. I got home yesterday after spending a week at Larrys hunting and beer drinking had a great time. We also watched the Ken Burns series on Vietnam it was eye opener for the things we learned if given a chance watch it. On the way to Larrys I stopped and visited Tom Virden, it was the first time I have seen him in 48 years. It was so good to seem him and his wife.

1. Hey Wally, I was also glued to Ken Burns series after the first 5 minutes. Lots of footage and I could not believe how much I never knew about why we did what we did. Definitely an eye opener, and after almost 50 years. Glad you hooked up with Pudge again……say hello for me next time you talk.

1. Russ Pudge asked about you. I told him I saw you at the Wabasha reunion. Hopefully I talked him and Donna into coming to a reunion. You should try to make another one.

4. Johnnie Pearson sent me the following email:
    Greetings to you Larry, please let others know this sad news.
    Received a card from John’s wife with a request to call her – John Anderson passed away on August 14, 2018. Death due to lung cancer. I am sure she would like to hear from any of the men from Charlie Company
    Home address is:
    Mrs. Sharen Anderson
    2 Zane Drive
    Sandia Park, NM
    87047-9752

5. sad to report that we have lost one of our fellow Grunts. Don Kovarcik passed away on Friday Nov. 2, 2018. Don hosted the reunion in Hilton Head south Carolina in 2008. His funeral will be at St. Gregory the Great in Bluffton, SC. on Wednesday Nov. 7th, Viewing will begin at 9:30 am followed by his funeral service starting at 10:30 am. There will be a luncheon after the service at St. Andrew’s hall. The burial will be at 2 pm at Beaufort VA National Cemetery in Beaufort, SC. Please keep Don and his family ( Rosemarie ) in your prayers. RIP. Don you will be missed. I salute you

1. Don was great guy even though every time I played poker with him he always seem to have a winning hand. God Speed!

2. Sorry to hear this Jim. I sent him one of the sculptures that I handed out at the reunion on November 1. I hope he got to see it.

6. I just got back from Nashville where my wife Judy and I met up with Gary and Tressa Evans and Ed and Marie Davis. We had a great time in the almost week we were there.
    I have heard from two guys expressing interest in next year’s reunion. I will get details soon.

7. I don’t know about you guys but I can’t wait for election day. The TV is nothing bull advertising for both parties. I mailed in my ballot weeks ago so I don’t care.
    One of our governor candidates has FBI inquiry going on & none of the candidates has a clue about how to deal with Red Tide!

8. Francis:
    I did & the government sent me some questions:
    Q: While in High School, College & the Military did you ever engage in binge drinking?
    A: I can’t remember I was passed out
    Q:Did you ever smoke Marijuana?
    A: Yes but I didn’t inhale! (That work for Bill Clinton)
    Q: While drinking did you ever touch or caress anyone in their private areas?
    A:Yes, only women, who were willing & were a eight (8) or better!
    Q: While serving in Vietnam did you or the men you were serving with ever use excessive force against the Vietnamese?
    A: Like Napalm or B52 Airstrikes?
    Q: What is your legal opinion about use of the Death Penalty for Capitol crimes such as murder?
    A: All you need is a Good Rope & a Tall Oak Tree
    So think I get confirmed?

1. I voted “yes” on your confirmation as as most of this happen 50 years ago when you did not realize what you were doing as a young man. Plus other people have done worse.

9. Thought I like to lookup some old girlfriends. I going to run for Supreme Court Justice.
    Let the press do it for me!

10. Since no one has gotten to me on the reunion next year, I will volunteer Rapid City again if you guys are up to it. I will propose a four day reunion since it will be our 50th year class reunion.
    Think it over and let me know by the end of the month.
    Doc

1. Doc
      Shoot a email to Larry, I think he has something working.
      Rapid City find with me. Love the Black Hills & Deadwood.

1. We sent a thank you as soon as we got home from the reunion.
      Hope everyone is doing well since the reunion. It was our pleasure to host.

11. I want to thank Jim Intravia for his contribution for expenses related to Charlie company’s web site and other expenses. His support is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you brother “Infantry”

12. I want to thank the reunion attendees for the donations for the reunion expenses and money towards the web site expenses.
    I forgot to thank Wally Searight for his donation for web site expenses that he made prior to the reunion starting.

13. Great time Cathy & Cliff
    Several People ask me to post my poem about you guys! Here you go!
    The Agony of the Old Warrior
    The wounds of past battles devour our bodies & spirit as we reflect on our time of war & civil unrest!
    No love in the jungle or airports upon our return.
    We questioned the judgments of Johnson, Nixon, McNamara, Westmoreland but fought & died without question as “Young Americans”!
    Our brothers wait for us at the “WALL”!
    But the Dead do not Dream!
    Agent Orange, PTSD & Old Man Time continue to reap the devils due
    Haunted by the trail of death we craved through the jungles we justified our actions by the most human Instinct “SURVIAL”
    Old Warriors minds & souls search the stars for a peace that we will never find
    Our thoughts drift threw the cloud of war as we wait for our boat ride to the sea of Eternity
    Will it be heaven or hell for the old warrior?
    Perhaps there is a special place for the “My Brothers of the Blood”
    As Long as you can taste the air of life you will remember
    We fought not to win but for ourselves & each other
    There is already too much grief to hide but my ignorance of God’s way has always haunted me.
    The taste of near death has made us the persons we are today but for all of us there is only our legacy.

14. HI you guys,
    While you were at the reunion, we were in the Seattle area for family visits. While we were there, I found Charlie two one on the west end of North Fort at Fort Lewis. They are currently part of the 2nd infantry division which is a stryker division. They have started a two one museum and are looking for stuff from former two one members. Maybe the guy from the Seattle area go to Ft. Lewis and get more information. I did not visit with any grunts or medics as they were all out in exercises. Glad you guys had a good time at the reunion. Where is the next reunion?
    Doc

15. If my memory is correct, David Swift won the attendance prize which was a art piece made and donated by Tyler Harper. Tyler was unable to attend this years reunion. Thank you Tyler for your art work.
    Ron Causey won the second attendance prize. He was so happy to get the prize that he threw his hands in the air. Congratulations, Ron!

16. I got back from the reunion this morning. It was another great time. Cliff and Kathy did a fantastic job of hosting the reunion.

17. Just got home from Branson a couple of hours ago. It was an outstanding reunion with 32 Brothers and their spouses in attendance. We even entertained some Jar heads down the hall and one brother from A/2/1. The show we attended was great! Almost 2 hours of 50s, 60s and some 70s hits. Anyone out their have any thougnts as to where we could go next year? Let Larry Harper know if you do!
    LT

Leave a Reply to Carl Fryman Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *