Please feel free to take part in our discussion– this forum serves as a guestbook for everyone, not just members. Offensive, spam, and inflammatory posts may be deleted.

If your comment does not show up right away, do not worry, it was probably temporarily marked as spam for some reason. However, your comment will be manually approved and later posted once an administrator has reviewed it.

Click here to leave a reply.

5,695 comments

1. I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Exceptional work!

2. We were Never Ashamed of Our Uniforms

Great Grandfather wore his at San Juan Hill, Spanish American War
    Great Uncles were gassed in theirs at the Ardennes Forest WWI
    My father and father-in law wore their bell bottoms in WW II
    As My son wore his during the Iraq War
    Photos from the Spanish American War, no one was knelling
    Just those standing waiting to go meet their maker.
    Mine was bloodied as I placed my brothers in their body bags in the Nam
    My family has served since 1776
    Now as a country we assault our Men & Women who wear the Uniform
    Have we lost our soul?
    Obeying the Rule of Law is not Freedom of Choice, it is Freedom from tyranny, anarchy, and terror.
    There are a few Judas in their mist, but they place their lives on death door for America, day after day.
    Honor Them!

Bullwinkle & Warlock

1. I humbly disagree. Your oath when you took says “I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.” We laid down our lives to protect the right for peaceful protest of unjust laws which is the right of any American. Even the Uniform Code of Military Justice says we must not obey an illegal order. This right protects us from tyranny, anarchy, and terror.

As far as respect, I see more respect for the military than ever before. Especially more than we ever got. There will always be people who disrespect the military including our President but they don’t reflect the vast majority.

1. Bill

I have family & friends who wear the ” Blue Uniform” in some tough cities, Chicago, Newark, NJ, Jersey City NJ. While there is a rouge element in their mist that must be dealt with they are facing violence day after day.
        Peaceful protestors don’t bring “Molotov Cocktails” to the party or call in a sexual assault and then ambush 2 police officers responding with over 50 hoodies who feel the rule of law is a option. That happen here in Tampa.

I know you are man of God and probably keep a bible on your bed stand at night. I have my 357 on mine.

Changing the subject the “Chiefs” did look good opening night, better than my Giants.

1. Bullwinkle,
          You have read something into my post which I did not say. I totally agree all people of violence should be arrested, tried, and pay for their acts of violence on both the far RIGHT and far Left. Peaceful protest by conservatives and liberals is what we all fought.

I do not keep a Bible on my night stand. I do have a 38 Saturday night special in it and a 12 gauge in the closet to protect us.

As far the Chiefs, I hope it is a close came this week with the Ravens. My house is a divided house as my wife is a life time Raven fan since until we married lived in Baltimore. I have hidden all fire arms and sharp objects for the game.

2. If Baltimore loses and you stop seeing post, check our flower bed. If they are growing beyond expectations start digging me up.

3. Guys:

9/11, I worked in the Towers and had 7 friends never make it home. My neighbors son growing up , a young lawyer and friend in the Telecom Business son made it the roof made a phone call but could not be recused. Seeing the parking lots full of cars at train stations in Jersey for weeks, brought to my knees. My thoughts and prayers to their families.

4. C 2/1 have a Great Labor Day!

Election Day is coming and no matter who you support VOTE-VOTE-VOTE!

We and all the others who have worn the Uniform have earn the right, not too sure about those burning down some of our cities.

5. I am ashamed to say that I forgot today was the anniversary of the LZ Judy crash.
    RIP to all that lost their lives.

6. Today in 1970 I lost a guy out of my squad in Dwight “Obe” O’Brien. I was already back home when he was killed but it really got to me when I found out he had been killed. I tried to leave a message on his wall page, but could not find a way to do so. Have they removed the deal where you can write something about someone on the wall?

7. Always I was so Scared

My courage traveled up a leash
    A fearless warrior, he was just a “War Dog”
    His only thoughts where to find and kill the yellow man
    My trust in him knew no boundaries
    Once after being force into Deaths Door he stopped to clean the face of boy
    Too young to drink but old enough to die
    He would pull me up mountains and through jungles
    Too Scared look ahead but I followed his lead
    He knew no fear, only loyalty & service
    He should have been a soldier, allow to come home & grow old
    Sit by a fireplace, belly rubs, biscuits until he burst
    He now sits in Bronze in a Veteran’s Park
    I now visit him to rub his ears and thank him
    So many still breathe the air of life because his nose, paws and heart

Bullwinkle & Warlock

8. Lana Smith told me that the reunion for the 1970-1973 group has been canceled because of this corona crap.

9. Whenever I send out any correspondence to my brothers by email or snail mail and get the correspondence back as undeliverable, I take steps to get updated addresses. I got a letter from Deighlene Colby today. She thanked me for my commitment on following up on the “troups”. Then she gave me the bad news that Mike passed away from cancer on Feb 11, 2020. She asked in her letter if I knew much about Mike. She would like to hear from anyone that knew Mike. She said that he only on rare occasions would talk about his time in Nam. He never told his son anything about Nam.

1. Brother Larry,
      Any idea of his dates in Vietnam? Name does not ring a bell but dates might jar something.

Thank you,
      Brother Bill

2. Deighlene, Mike was a machine gunner in third platoon. When we were ambushed on Jan 9, 1970, I was the last man out of the kill zone. As I ran back to safety, I was being fired at (I was the only target left). Mike stood up with the M-60 and raked the treeline to suppress the fire, left to right and back. All the time missing me. I was worried he would hit me, but it was the only chance I had. He did his job perfectly. I am alive today and relive that scene from time to time, running towards Mike. I can see him clearly as that day. I have at least one picture of him and I think there is a picture of him in the museum. I had always hoped he would come to a reunion so we could relive that moment and thank him.

10. Bill
    That’s funny but it figures you lived in St. Pete where politics are “Joke” and most of the population are suffering from short term memory loss.

Congrats to the Chiefs for their Super Bowl win, their second. It only took 50 years from their first. Two (2) more and they would tie NYG (4). Head to head NYG (11) wins, KC (5). A more appropriate name for KC would be the “Carcasses” since they are near the stockyards.

$100.00 bet if they play each other.

I will donate $100 to the charity of your choose if KC wins. NYG wins you can donate $100 to the Stripper of my choosing. (No large bills please)

Take care & be Safe

1. Bullwinkle,
      Can’t argue with the stats but the Giants or shell we call them the little people have been around a lot longer than 50 years. The Chiefs are slow learners. You have a bet.

Stay safe and stay away from strippers. Now days you can catch a lot more than STD. A friend told me, as I wouldn’t know, a $1.00 bill would good for putting somewhere on a stripper. Now it’s $5.00 minimum with inflation. As a man of the world would you know? Asking for my friend.

1. Bill
        I moved to the Tampa area in 04 and have been in one (1) club since then even though the area is know country wide for their clubs (before Cov-19). Not much fun when your friends are old timers like myself.

Back in NJ when I was a linemen for AT&T (70-80) payday was club day and the only reason the “gang” didn’t get lock-up we knew the police. If there was a broken pole over the weekend they knew we couldn’t fix for them if we were in the county workhouse.
        $5-10 would get you a “Lap Dance” back then.

At my bachelor party a young lady went up to my Brother (Liberal-Catholic Lawyer) and ask him if he wanted some action in the backroom. He said sorry but he was a priest (not true) she said don’t worry “I do priest all the time”

True story!

11. I have for most of my life been embarrassed on Monday and Tuesday mornings because I don’t follow football. Really! However, I do something that noone else I know does to prove my manhood (no, not that!) At age 72, like all of us here (the age that is) I can do 65 pushups. I’ve been doing that every other day for about 15 years. I’ll bet Joe Namath doesn’t! He’s about the only football guy i know; not really. The first LT (football, not Harper), Favre, Sam Huff. However, since CV started I have not been going to the gym and just walk and bicycle and do some weights at home and the pushups on the rug don’t feel right. maybe because there’s noone to show off to and my wife’s not impressed. Having said all that, I still look like a regular slightly overweight gray-haired guy. But I am proud of the full head of gray hair;no bald spot even. But I always say that’s the only good thing I got from genetics so I really can’t take credit.

I don’t know the exact date but this is just about exactly when I got to Nam; late July 1969. Echo company at first at Bald hill. I first saw Captain Morris when he was a battalion S-4 officer arguing with Remfs over what he saw were something wrong with Baldy. Something about steps going up a hill that he had bulldozed. I can’t figure it out but I’m sure he was right. As I later concluded, once I got to know about him, he had to have been right. Also, he did not belong at a firebase. He was at his best and the best for us when he was in the field. How dare a remf argue with Captain Morris????????????????

12. Guys:

I have been doing a lot of physical therapy since last year and push ups are not on the agenda. Though I now can do some pullups at the gym.

As far as Pro Football teams their is only the NY Giants. I live near Tampa and everyone is excited about Brady & Gronk with the Buc’s but who cares? The Florida Gators (college) are fun to watch. My daughter graduated from their Veterinary School so I have been to Gainesville for lots games, a great place for college sports.

1. I lived in St Petersburg from 1996-2006 and was a Bucs fan. Bullwinkle you may want to take Trump’s cognitive test as you may have lost some brain cells do to your medical healing I was a Giant fan when I lived in Metropolitan New York City but have seen the light of the Chiefs. Wonder if the Chiefs will change there name maybe to the “Giant Slayers”.

1. Bill:

Thanks funny but it figures you lived in St. Pete, a City where the politics are a “Joke” and most of the population suffers from short term memory loss.

Congrats to the Chiefs for winning their second Super Bowl it only took 50 years since their first. NYG have (4) four Super Bowl wins. Head to head NYG-KC for 16 games they played each other NYG (11) Wins, KC (5) wins. Since the Chiefs play near the stockyards a more appropriate name would be the “Carcasses”.

$100 bet if they play each other again. I will donate to the Charity of your choice you can donate to the Stripper of my choice (no large bills).

Take care & be safe

13. Guys let’s get active on the web site again. I know we are old farts but the radio silence is deafening. Lets get a productive conversation going. Anything except politics. Perhaps we can talk about what a wonderful person I am, or how the Kansas City Chiefs are, or even the weather. Get off those old butts, snap to attention, give me 20 and you know the drill. We are now tied into this great site because of Larry Harper and Mike Lynn. This is a direct order.

1. It is hard for me to quit at 20, so I gave you 50. I met this Bill Beckum guy probably in August 1970. He was in my platoon. He was and still is a wonderful person.

The Chiefs are ok, but they are 1 super bowl champ behind my Denver Broncos.

1. Well Larry, I use to have a high regard for you until now and your choice of a pro football team. My wife would call John Elway Mrs Elway”s son. Would not call him by name. There have been some good Chiefs and Bronco games over the years.

14. Another sad day. I got word that Bill Connell passed away. Bill came to my squad in January 1970 after we had that battle where we lost Jake and Arky. He came to my squad with Poncho Martinez. Bill did not like the first nick name I gave him so I gave him another nickname, Lurch which he said was acceptable. This is the email from his wife:
    I am so sorry to tell you that Billy passed away this afternoon. He had been in hospice after being hospitalized for pneumonia and complications which led to brain damage. He had been unconscious for three weeks.
    He received excellent care and received a steady drip of morphine to take away any discomfort. He died peacefully. He was so glad that he found you after so many years. He’s in God’s hands now, no more pain. I know you will remember him in your prayers. He will be buried in the National Cemetery near here. May God bless you and your family. Anne.

1. I picked Bill and his wife up at the airport at our Hilton Head reunion. We had never met until then. RIP my brother.

15. Guya,
    I am sorry to announce that Bill “lurch”Connell passed away yesterday. His wife Anne emailed Poncho who in turn emailed me. The big Irishman is no longer! RIP brother!

16. Dear Brothers, I am so grateful to Larry Harper for creating CharlieGrunts.com back in 2006 and keeping the stories and camaraderie alive. It’s made a big difference in my life, a special place to honor, remember, celebrate and mourn with our extraordinary community. I also give huge thanks to Mike Lynd and his wonderful team both for his museum and for taking our site into his. Thank you both, my brothers. Paul Critchlow (1968-70)

17. Gentlemen: I have a Vietnam Vet, CIB, 196th, & Vietnam K-9 Widow Decals on my truck. This note was left on my windshield at a Amish food store.

Thank-you for your service
    The protection of our greatest country so that we (Americans) can be safe & secure.
    As well protection of our K-9 Dogs
    God Bless you & stay Healthy & Safe
    Proud to be American Rebecca 49 yr old

There are good people!

18. I can’t believe that Brett Farve the other day compared Colin Kapernick to Pat Tillman! He said they both gave up alot for what they believed in. He must be smoking funny weed as Pat Tillman gave up an NFL career to serve his country and was killed. Kapernick did not die in his endeavor and damn sure didn’t serve his country. Farve has no respect from me whatsoever any more!

1. Pat Tillman gave up a multi-million dollar contract and his life for his country. Colin Kapernick became a multi millionaire thanks to his Nike contract.

19. I saw sad news today: aul Robert Rosteck, Jr., 70, of Nineveh died Saturday, June 13, 2020 in I.U. Health Hospice House. He was born July 6, 1949 in Decauter, IL to Paul Robert Rosteck, Sr. and Erma Evelyn Bernard Rosteck. He was retired from Ely Lilly.
    Survivors include his wife of 48 years, Donna Rozanski Rosteck of Nineveh; a daughter, Erica (Patrick) Miller of Indianapolis; a grandson, Damien Miller; two sisters, Rebecca (Randy) Wilson of Godfrey, IL and Marilyn Cline of Lindale, TX; and several nieces, nephews and cousins. He was preceded in death by his parents; and a brother in law, Mark Cline.
    Paul was a veteran of the United States Army and served in Viet Nam in 1969 – 1970 and was awarded the Purple Heart and a Bronze Star for his service. He was a member of the VFW and DAV, he also enjoyed being outdoors and spending time with his family.
    There will be a Private Memorial Gathering on Thursday, June 18, 2020 in Bond-Mitchell Funeral Home, 1682 State Road 135 North, Nashville.

20. Almost everyone that gave us advice on this year’s reunion said to cancel this year and have the 2021 reunion at the same place. So today the decision was made to cancel the 2020 reunion. Those that made reservations needs to cancel those reservations with the hotel. The hotel is Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza
    One E 45 St, Kansas City, MO 64111 (816) 753-7400.

1. Sorry to hear that but if it means anything I think it was the best decision and I look forward to everyone staying healthy. See you next year Lord willing.

21. To Larry, Ben, Wally & Bill,
    I thoroughly enjoyed Tony’s first episode of Rediscovering the 60’s this morning on AXS; I learned a few new facts, and you guys at the end by the Wall was very powerful and special. Thanks for doing us proud!

1. Thanks Russ. I watched yesterday morning and I also learned some new things that were not covered in PBS Vietnam series. Makes you wonder how much more is out there that we will never know about.

1. Ya Wally, there has to be more. I found it pretty amazing that if Kennedy would have got reelected he would have shut the Vietnam program down. I hadn’t heard that before let alone heard the tape of him saying it.

2. Can anybody tell me what the exact name of the series/show is? I don’t think I have that channel but can probably get it on firestick.

1. Several of our company guys was interviewed for the 50 plus prime program at our army reunion last October. We was having a reunion for our army infantry unit at Mike Lynd’s world headquarters in San Antonio. The ten episodes program is “The 1960s Rediscovered” on AXS TV.
        Thank you, again, for your participation. Your contribution to our production is invaluable. I appreciate you and the guys so very much. You and all the guys are in episode 101. You, alone, are also in episode 108. Your interviews worked out just great! Our Vietnam episode is the premiere episode of the ten-part “The 1960s Rediscovered” series on AXS TV.
        You fellas provide powerful commentary to our broadcast. I thank you for agreeing to participate and for your service to our country. You have given so much of yourselves to secure our way of life. You are not forgotten.
        Best wishes,
        Tony Fama
        Managing Editor
        50PlusPrime
        248-559-6438
        tony.fama@50plusprime.com
        https://www.facebook.com/50PlusPrime
        Tony Fama
        Managing Editor, 50PlusPrime
        San Antonio, Texas
        50PlusPrime is the national TV news magazine celebrating the lives of the 108-million Americans age 50+, including the 78-million baby boomers born between 1946 and 1964.
        50PlusPrime is upbeat and positive story telling about the men and women age 50+ giving back to community, and reporting on the sports, entertainment, political and business leaders who’ve had a powerful cultural impact on the baby boomer generation.
        Hosted by award-winning TV news reporter Tony Fama, 50PlusPrime offers inspiring, often nostalgic reports on the lifestyle interests specific to the “boomer” generation.
        Watch 50PlusPrime on AXS TV every Saturday at 8:30a ET, and every Sunday at 11:30am ET.
        AXS TV is on DIRECTV Channel #340(HD) and on DISH Network Channel #167, 9422(HD).
        The ten episodes of the air dates for program “The 1960s Rediscovered”.
        Episode #101/Vietnam
        Air date: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
        United States history in Vietnam is discussed with Sam Donaldson, former White House Correspondent, ABC News; Tom Brokaw, Senior Correspondent, NBC News; Sid Davis, former White House Correspondent, Westinghouse Broadcasting Company; Pat Buchanan, former US presidential candidate; Dick Cavett, former TV talk show host; and Rob Reiner, Hollywood director. Vietnam veterans join the discussion. This episode includes taped Oval Office conversations of Presidents Kennedy and Johnson discussing Vietnam policy; and analysis by presidential scholars from the University of Virginia. Tony Fama says “You and all the guys are in episode 101”.
        Episode#102/Assassination of President John F. Kennedy Air date: Sunday, June 14, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
        On November 22nd, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas. Sid Davis, former White House Correspondent, Westinghouse Broadcasting Company, covered the president’s trip to Dallas. This episode traces Davis’s step-by-step coverage, including excerpts from his live radio reports. Davis talks about his role as pool reporter aboard Air Force One as Lyndon Johnson was sworn in as the 36th President of the United States. Davis reviews the notes he took the moment President Kennedy was pronounced dead. Sam Donaldson, Tom Brokaw, Pat Buchanan, Rob Reiner and Congresswoman Barbara Lee share their thoughts and experiences from that day.
        Episode #103/Cold War/60s Child Actors Air date: Sunday, June 21, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
        The Cold War between the US and USSR was fought for nearly 45 years. Sam Donaldson, Tom Brokaw, and Pat Buchanan reflect on the era’s developments. This episode includes Oval office recordings of President Kennedy discussing the Cuban Missile Crisis. Also, a visit with iconic 1960s child actors Jerry Mathers (Beaver Cleaver), Leave It To Beaver; Barry Livingston (Ernie), My Three Sons.
        Episode#104/Kennedy vs. Nixon/60s Pop Culture Air date: Sunday, June 28, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
        Sam Donaldson, Tom Brokaw and Pat Buchanan review the 1960 Presidential campaign between Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy. A discussion of 1960s pop culture with Academy Award winner Louis Gossett, Jr., Rob Reiner; Carl Reiner; Peter Marshall, Hollywood Squares; Tony Award Winner Melba Moore, 1960s children’s programming producer Marty Krofft; and Burt Ward, Robin, from the 1960s TV hit Batman.
        Episode #105/ Richard Nixon and The 1968 Presidential Election/Women’s Rights Air date: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
        The 1968 Presidential election of Richard Nixon with inside analysis from Pat Buchanan, former Nixon special assistant; insights from Tom Brokaw, Sam Donaldson, and Dick Cavett. A discussion of the Women’s Rights Movement of the late 1960s with attorney Gloria Allred; actress Loretta Swit, M*A*S*H, and Congresswoman Barbara Lee.
        Episode#106/LBJ, His Great Society/Civil Rights Air date: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
        A discussion of President Lyndon Johnson’s historic domestic policy agenda with Sam Donaldson; Tom Brokaw; Pat Buchanan; Academy Award winner Louis Gossett, Jr.; and Donzaleigh Abernathy, daughter of Civil Rights leader Ralph Abernathy.
        Episode#107/1968: A Turbulent Year. A Talk with Civil Rights Icon Congressman John Lewis Air date: Sunday, July 19, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
        Was there a more tumultuous year in US history than 1968? An intimate conversation with Civil Rights leader Congressman John Lewis. We’re joined by Tom Brokaw, Sam Donaldson, Pat Buchanan, Louis Gossett, Jr., Dick Cavett, Donzaleigh Abernathy; Rob Reiner; and Congresswoman Barbara Lee. Also, the premiere of the hit TV show Laugh-In and a conversation with its creator George Schlatter.
        Episode#108/Legendary Reporter Dan Rather on Covering The Big Events of The 1960s Air date: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
        We commit the hour to former CBS News reporter Dan Rather with a discussion of the major stories he covered during the decade, including the assassination of President John F. Kennedy; Vietnam; the Johnson Administration; and the Civil Rights Movement. This episode includes CBS TV news clips from Rather’s reporting in the 1960s.
        Tony Fama says “You, alone (Larry Harper), are also in episode 108.”
        Episode#109/1960s Entertainment: A Different Era/1967 Boston Marathon Air date: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
        A discussion with beloved US entertainers about their work in the 1960s, and how the entertainment industry of today has changed. We’ll speak with Sandy Duncan; Paul Shaffer; Erin Murphy, Tabitha, Bewitched; Moosie Drier, Laugh- In; George Schlatter, creator, Laugh-In; and Hollywood Director Rob Reiner. Also, in 1967, Kathrine Switzer became the first woman to officially run in the Boston Marathon. She tells us all about it.
        Episode#110/1969: What a Year (Apollo 11; Woodstock; Joe Namath & Super Bowl III) Air date: Sunday, August 9, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
        A visit with former NBC News space correspondent Jay Barbree. Barbree, the only reporter to have covered every manned US space mission in history, including the historic Apollo 11 voyage to the moon, shares his thoughts about the moment when Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon. Also, our visit with Joel Banow, Director of CBS News Apollo 11 coverage, who worked with Walter Cronkite on the historic mission. Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw share their thoughts on Apollo 11. A discussion with legendary Super Bowl Three quarterback MVP Joe Namath, and recalling Woodstock with Louis Gossett, Jr., and Hollywood Director Rob Reiner.

2. Jim, it’s called Rediscovering the 60’s by Tony Fama and it’s on the AXS channel. I think it’s standard on a few streaming plans, but I stream it on my tablet, or Fire stick on Philo. Philo’s $20 a month and I have it for AXS and the great music content.

22. Can anyone tell me who was Company Commander of C co 2/1 196th LIB in the summer and fall of 1971? Do you know how I can get in touch with him?

1. My records show that Elmer Nelson was company commander from March 1971 thru July 1971. The records also show a Captain Foxx, but no first name. I do not know how to get in contact with either one. Gary Capshaw might be able to help you out on this.

1. Thanks Larry.
        I have also found that in August 71 Cpt Terry Fox (or Foxx) was the CO. I found one contact for him but it has not yielded results. Do you know how I can contact “Gary Capshaw”?
        Anyone who might know how to search for Cpt Foxx?

1. Gary “Cap” usually checks this site every now and then. His contact information is Gary Capshaw 214-726-5855 mobile 903-337-0917 home.

2. Yes Cpt Nelson was the company commander of Charlie 2/1 in July, Lt Michael S Fox was his EXO during that time, I left the company in late June to go to HHC morning reports , I can’t remember who was after Nelsen. I wish now I had kept in contact with them and a few others that don’t communicate with now.

23. company guys was interviewed for the 50 plus prime program at our army reunion last October. We was having a reunion for our army infantry unit at Mike Lynd’s world headquarters in San Antonio. The ten episodes program is “The 1960s Rediscovered” on AXS TV.
    Thank you, again, for your participation. Your contribution to our production is invaluable. I appreciate you and the guys so very much. You and all the guys are in episode 101. You, alone, are also in episode 108. Your interviews worked out just great! Our Vietnam episode is the premiere episode of the ten-part “The 1960s Rediscovered” series on AXS TV.
    You fellas provide powerful commentary to our broadcast. I thank you for agreeing to participate and for your service to our country. You have given so much of yourselves to secure our way of life. You are not forgotten.
    Best wishes,
    Tony Fama
    Managing Editor
    50PlusPrime
    248-559-6438
    tony.fama@50plusprime.com
    https://www.facebook.com/50PlusPrime
    Tony Fama
    Managing Editor, 50PlusPrime
    San Antonio, Texas
    50PlusPrime is the national TV news magazine celebrating the lives of the 108-million Americans age 50+, including the 78-million baby boomers born between 1946 and 1964.
    50PlusPrime is upbeat and positive story telling about the men and women age 50+ giving back to community, and reporting on the sports, entertainment, political and business leaders who’ve had a powerful cultural impact on the baby boomer generation.
    Hosted by award-winning TV news reporter Tony Fama, 50PlusPrime offers inspiring, often nostalgic reports on the lifestyle interests specific to the “boomer” generation.
    Watch 50PlusPrime on AXS TV every Saturday at 8:30a ET, and every Sunday at 11:30am ET.
    AXS TV is on DIRECTV Channel #340(HD) and on DISH Network Channel #167, 9422(HD).
    The ten episodes of the air dates for program “The 1960s Rediscovered”.
    Episode #101/Vietnam
    Air date: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
    United States history in Vietnam is discussed with Sam Donaldson, former White House Correspondent, ABC News; Tom Brokaw, Senior Correspondent, NBC News; Sid Davis, former White House Correspondent, Westinghouse Broadcasting Company; Pat Buchanan, former US presidential candidate; Dick Cavett, former TV talk show host; and Rob Reiner, Hollywood director. Vietnam veterans join the discussion. This episode includes taped Oval Office conversations of Presidents Kennedy and Johnson discussing Vietnam policy; and analysis by presidential scholars from the University of Virginia. Tony Fama says “You and all the guys are in episode 101”.
    Episode#102/Assassination of President John F. Kennedy Air date: Sunday, June 14, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
    On November 22nd, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas. Sid Davis, former White House Correspondent, Westinghouse Broadcasting Company, covered the president’s trip to Dallas. This episode traces Davis’s step-by-step coverage, including excerpts from his live radio reports. Davis talks about his role as pool reporter aboard Air Force One as Lyndon Johnson was sworn in as the 36th President of the United States. Davis reviews the notes he took the moment President Kennedy was pronounced dead. Sam Donaldson, Tom Brokaw, Pat Buchanan, Rob Reiner and Congresswoman Barbara Lee share their thoughts and experiences from that day.
    Episode #103/Cold War/60s Child Actors Air date: Sunday, June 21, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
    The Cold War between the US and USSR was fought for nearly 45 years. Sam Donaldson, Tom Brokaw, and Pat Buchanan reflect on the era’s developments. This episode includes Oval office recordings of President Kennedy discussing the Cuban Missile Crisis. Also, a visit with iconic 1960s child actors Jerry Mathers (Beaver Cleaver), Leave It To Beaver; Barry Livingston (Ernie), My Three Sons.
    Episode#104/Kennedy vs. Nixon/60s Pop Culture Air date: Sunday, June 28, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
    Sam Donaldson, Tom Brokaw and Pat Buchanan review the 1960 Presidential campaign between Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy. A discussion of 1960s pop culture with Academy Award winner Louis Gossett, Jr., Rob Reiner; Carl Reiner; Peter Marshall, Hollywood Squares; Tony Award Winner Melba Moore, 1960s children’s programming producer Marty Krofft; and Burt Ward, Robin, from the 1960s TV hit Batman.
    Episode #105/ Richard Nixon and The 1968 Presidential Election/Women’s Rights Air date: Sunday, July 5, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
    The 1968 Presidential election of Richard Nixon with inside analysis from Pat Buchanan, former Nixon special assistant; insights from Tom Brokaw, Sam Donaldson, and Dick Cavett. A discussion of the Women’s Rights Movement of the late 1960s with attorney Gloria Allred; actress Loretta Swit, M*A*S*H, and Congresswoman Barbara Lee.
    Episode#106/LBJ, His Great Society/Civil Rights Air date: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
    A discussion of President Lyndon Johnson’s historic domestic policy agenda with Sam Donaldson; Tom Brokaw; Pat Buchanan; Academy Award winner Louis Gossett, Jr.; and Donzaleigh Abernathy, daughter of Civil Rights leader Ralph Abernathy.
    Episode#107/1968: A Turbulent Year. A Talk with Civil Rights Icon Congressman John Lewis Air date: Sunday, July 19, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
    Was there a more tumultuous year in US history than 1968? An intimate conversation with Civil Rights leader Congressman John Lewis. We’re joined by Tom Brokaw, Sam Donaldson, Pat Buchanan, Louis Gossett, Jr., Dick Cavett, Donzaleigh Abernathy; Rob Reiner; and Congresswoman Barbara Lee. Also, the premiere of the hit TV show Laugh-In and a conversation with its creator George Schlatter.
    Episode#108/Legendary Reporter Dan Rather on Covering The Big Events of The 1960s Air date: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
    We commit the hour to former CBS News reporter Dan Rather with a discussion of the major stories he covered during the decade, including the assassination of President John F. Kennedy; Vietnam; the Johnson Administration; and the Civil Rights Movement. This episode includes CBS TV news clips from Rather’s reporting in the 1960s.
    Tony Fama says “You, alone (Larry Harper), are also in episode 108.”
    Episode#109/1960s Entertainment: A Different Era/1967 Boston Marathon Air date: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
    A discussion with beloved US entertainers about their work in the 1960s, and how the entertainment industry of today has changed. We’ll speak with Sandy Duncan; Paul Shaffer; Erin Murphy, Tabitha, Bewitched; Moosie Drier, Laugh- In; George Schlatter, creator, Laugh-In; and Hollywood Director Rob Reiner. Also, in 1967, Kathrine Switzer became the first woman to officially run in the Boston Marathon. She tells us all about it.
    Episode#110/1969: What a Year (Apollo 11; Woodstock; Joe Namath & Super Bowl III) Air date: Sunday, August 9, 2020, 9 a.m. ET
    A visit with former NBC News space correspondent Jay Barbree. Barbree, the only reporter to have covered every manned US space mission in history, including the historic Apollo 11 voyage to the moon, shares his thoughts about the moment when Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon. Also, our visit with Joel Banow, Director of CBS News Apollo 11 coverage, who worked with Walter Cronkite on the historic mission. Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw share their thoughts on Apollo 11. A discussion with legendary Super Bowl Three quarterback MVP Joe Namath, and recalling Woodstock with Louis Gossett, Jr., and Hollywood Director Rob Reiner.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *